
This morning I told my students to remember that they are truly loved even if they don't have a Valentine today. They acted like that was a mean thing to say, but I really do mean it. I don't think there needs to be a special day or a certain person designated to know how much we really are loved by so many people.
Everyone should read this wonderful address given by the beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley on Valentine's Day: "And the Greatest of these is Love"
Love this quote from that address:
I am one who believes that love, like faith, is a gift of God. I agree with Pearl Buck, who said: "Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed and teased. It comes out of heaven, unasked and unsought" (The Treasure Chest, p. 165).
Valentine's Day is usually focused on a romantic, secular love, but we should also remember the importance of God's love in our lives. We have only reason to rejoice, Valentine or not, because we have an Eternal Father and our Savior that love us more than we can comprehend. Our Savior showed us the ultimate love by giving His life that we may be saved: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

I absolutely adore this picture! Our Heavenly Father loved us enough to send His son for each and every one of us. Christ suffered for each of us so that we do not need to! His love has no barriers and He invites us to partake of His unlimited love that we may overcome our trials and hardships in this life.
"If the world in which we live is to improve, that process must begin with a change in the hearts of men, with an upward looking beyond self to love for God, given with all of one's heart, with all of one's soul, with all of one's mind." Gordon B. Hinckley
I hope everyone will take the time not only today, but everyday, to let those in your life know that you love them. Find ways to lift those that are struggling and help people to remember that they are loved. In return, I promise you will feel an added measure of love in your life, both from family and friends, but also from your Heavenly Father. John H. Groberg declared, "Only as we feel God’s love and fill our hearts with His love can we be truly happy."
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Love you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment